Thursday 2 February 2012

Sympathy Cards

It's always difficult to have to make someone a card during such difficult times, it's usually the moment your mojo is bound to desert you! So many I have seen are also floral and feminine which makes it difficult when you are either giving to a man, or when it is a male that has died. 

I decided that having some sympathy cards on hand is a little sad, but necessary. This was an attempt to keep things clean and simple, but modest and toned down. I had made a few others but they were all so dark and depressing. I've decided that even though this one is quite 'white' by comparison, I thought it a better option. Let's face it, it's hard enough for those left behind without giving them a totally depressing card as well!

I know when my yiayia (grandma) died, I really appreciated the cards we received and the thoughts and memories people wrote down as they remembered her.

That's the kind of card I think I would like to give. Appropriate to the mood, but hopefully a little uplifting.

The detailed photo hopefully allows you to see that the paper is linen textured again. I have also distressed the edges (honestly, no pun intended, but perhaps a little prophetic!)  The inside also has the partial medallion stamped on the opposite side in the same basic grey.

What do you think? 
AM x


Supplies:

Stamps:  SU! medallion, Sincere Salutations
Paper: PTI White, SU! Basic Grey, Vellum
Ink: SU! Basic Grey, StayzOn Jet Black
Misc: Tim Holtz distressing tool

7 comments:

  1. I Too think it is very elegant for a Sympathy Card. Love it. Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne-Marie,
    I find your style inspirational, so I've just nominated you for a Liebster Award! The link to the award is at http://handmade-by-michelle.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/liebster-award.html
    Cheers,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the vellum wording over the stamped image is just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne-Marie, you must be double special, because I have given you a bog award tonight also xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. adhesive used for velum?

    ReplyDelete