Monday 30 January 2012

Butterflies for all ages

I was never a girly girl growing up, but there's something about butterflies that doesn't have to be naf. I think here they can also look a bit retro/vintage, without looking 'shabby chic' (a look I would love to pull off, but have not a hope in hell of doing so! hehe)

This is one of my new birthday cards, simple, but hopefully effective!

I also pulled out my old crimper after making an effort to pull out a lot of my old tools, ribbons etc and make good use out of them. The crimper was stuck in one of the back drawers. I don't know why I neglected it, It adds such great texture with little fuss! 

The butterflies are three dimensional and I think they add a little extra whimsy that way. I initially made it for tweenage girls, but I don't think I would mind one myself! (young at heart at least - ahem!)

The entire card is textured with the linen/canvas impression plate from PTI. I have decided you may be hard-pressed to find a card I am not using it on lately!

Happy crafting!    AM x


Supplies:

Stamps:  SU! Hostess Afterthoughts
Paper:  PTI White, SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Misc: Ribbon Girl red striped twill, SU! Embosslits Beautiful Wings, PTI Linen/Canvas Impression Plate.

3 comments: